I have a new favourite beadweaving stitch. It's called Double Diamond Right Angle Weave. DDRAW for short. I found it in a book called Beadweaving Beyond the Basics by Kassie Shaw.
Now I'm not very good at Right Angle Weave. I can CRAW though. (Cubic Right Angle Weave)
So after getting this book I fell in love with with a similar stitch that looks gorgeous afterwards too and is so versatile.
I first made a swatch of DDRAW a few rows by a few sets. And then made a bracelet of it. That's the first picture.
I love bezels and stones and finding new ways to hold stones by using beads and DDRAW is perfect for that. In the book there are 2 projects by using the stitch for making bezels for circular stones.
I wanted to find out if you can use the stitch for a different shape. And you can. I used a 25 x 18mm cabochon and used DDRAW to bezel around it. A lot like the 2 circular projects. That is picture 2.
I love the way the bezel holds onto the stone and how it looks so delicate.
What do you think?
Great look
ReplyDelete